ABOUT LIBRARY :
The library is located on the seventh floor occupying an area of about 800 sq. Feet. And a reading room with a seating capacity of more than 60 persons. With a view to maximizing the efficiency of the library services, the library has been divided into various sections. Open Access facility is available in the Study Room Section, Home Issue Section, Reference Section, and Periodical Section.
- Study Room Section – Books are issued to students for use in the reading room only. This section has a unique rolling rack system for stacking the books. Students are issued a Bar-coded Library card called Study Room Card for using this section.
- Home Issue Section – Books are given for home issue for eight days. Students are issued a Bar-coded Library card called Home Issue Card for using this section.
- Reference Section – Reference books are issued to be read in the reference section reading room only. A separate reading area has been allotted for the Research Scholars and Faculty members in this section. This section has open access for students and faculty.
- Internet Section– The Internet Section is located within the Reference section. The library subscribes to JIO Internet connection. Two computer terminals have been made available to the students and research scholars. Plans are underway to increase the number of computers terminals. The internet facility is provided for educational purposes only. Services of Library for the UG students and the PG students is free of cost
- Periodicals Section – This section houses journals, magazines, newspapers, question paper sets. Students are issued the above materials for reading room use only. The library subscribes to around 18 print journals and magazines, and 19 newspapers in English, Marathi and Hindi, Urdu. This section has open access for students and faculty.
Library remains open from Monday to Saturday between 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Library hours
LIBRARY TEAM :
Librarian Mrs. Kalpana s Gaikwad
CONTACT US :
Library – Oriental Education Society’s
Oriental College of Law,
Plot No.3, 4, 5, Sector 2, Sanpada (W).
Behind Sanpada Railway Station,
Sanpada Navi Mumbai -400705
Library Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Blog: https://ocllibrary.blogspot.com/
National Digital Libraries of India: https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/
|Built-Up Area In Sq.M.|
|SR.NO.||PARTICULARS||AREA IN SQ.M.|
|2||Library Stack Room||200|
|3||Reading Room (Girls and Boys)||575|
|4||Reading Room (Faculty)||12|
|SR.NO.||PARTICULARS||SEATING CAPACITY IN NOS.|
|1||Reading Room (Girls and Boys)||60|
|2||Reading Room ( Faculty)||10|
|LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE|
|Prof.Mamta Goswami||Co- Chairperson|
LIBRARY COLLECTION :
The library has a lots of collection of print resources that include Text books, Reference books, and books for General reading, Journals, Magazines, Newspapers, etc. The library also has a Dglaw Software for student where all the supreme cases, High courts cases are provided for research .OPAC “Online Public Access Catalogue.” Is also available for students.
Particulars Available Number
Total Number of Books in the Library 2890
Total Number of Books in the Library (BL.S) 576
Total Number of Books in the Library (LL.B) 1815
Total Number of Titles 698
Total Number of Reference Books 161
Total Number of Donated Books 488
Total Number of Bound Volume 309
Total Number of Journals 14
Total Number of Journals 09
Total Number of Periodicals/Magazine 05
Total Number of News Paper 12
LIBRARY RESOURCES :
LIBRARY SERVICES :
- Reading Room:
Reading Room is available with sitting Capacity of 60 students at a time. Reading room facility is available strictly against the reading card. Separate Reading Room is provided for Teachers.
- Home Lending Facility:
Home lending facility is available strictly against the Library Card only for one week. Students can borrow one book at a time. Students can also reissue a book. Issue return transaction are fully computerized.
- Current Awareness Service:
Library provides Current Awareness Service (CAS) by displaying the New Arrivals.
- Reference Service:
The library has a good collection of reference books & competitive exam books for the students appearing for various competitive exams. The staff helps the students in providing suitable reference sources for their Journals and reports.
- Newspaper Clipping Service:
The important articles from the dailies are displayed on the library notice board regularly. For Quick reference, separate files of newspaper clippings pertaining to various topics of vital importance are maintained in the library.
- Open Access Facility:
Library allows students in stack area to go & select the book of their interest area to read. It is available for Law students only
- Other Facilities:
- Recommendation of Books.
- Reading Facility to Ex-students.
- Inter Library Loan.
- Previous Year “Question Paper Sets”
- Only Law Students, Faculty and Staff members can register their Library Membership.
- Only registered members are allowed to use Library.
- A duplicate Library Borrowers’ card will be issued on payment of Rs.25/-
Circulation of Books and Home lending:
- Books are issued only for 7 days.
- Reference books are available only in Reading hall.
- Most demanded books will be not renewed.
- Readers are responsible for misuse of their Library Card.
- The University Question papers, Out of print books, Projects, loose issues of periodicals etc. are only for reading hall use and are not to be issued.
- Borrowers must check about the physical condition of the books before borrowing any damage later or at the time of returning will be charged fine.
- Books are also issued to pass-out students , academicians who are not employed in OES by registering themselves as members on payment of Rs.1000/- ( Not Refundable)
- A fine of Rs.5 per day will be charged for returning the books after due date.
After three days the penalty amount will be Rs. 10/-per Day.
- For Reference books fine Rs. 50/- per day.
- Loss or damage of books by borrower should be replaced by the price of the books (out of print) or the cost of book will have to be paid by the borrower. Use of computers/laptops etc. is also allowed. Laptop in the library premises should be used for academic purposes only.
Discipline inside the library:
- Online chatting, browsing of social networking sites is strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
- Playing games on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire Library premises.
- Readers should observe strict silence inside the Library.
- Use of Mobile phones is not permitted inside the Library premises.
- Users are not allowed to carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
- Library Borrowers card is non-transferable.
- Readers are advised not to leave their valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the Reading table.
- Marking, scratching, damaging, mutilating, stealing, library materials or property will invite disciplinary action against the defaulters.
- Readers should not carry books from one floor to another and should leave the books on the reading table after consulting.
- Readers should not talk or discuss as they may disturb other readers.
- Users should not rest or keep their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
- The library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal belongings of the users.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or with any other member.
- Readers should not leave bags/books/copies on the table and cannot claim, capture, and reserve seats for future use.
- The seats are to be used/occupied on the first come first serve basis.
- Readers should not scribble on table tops or damage them.
- Readers should not clutter the table with heaps of books and other reading material.
LIBRARY TIMING: – 8.00 Am To 5.00 Pm
BOOKS ISSUED & RETURNED TIMING: 9.30 Am To 3:30 Pm